Buying a property in Spain is quite an advanced process for foreigners who are not used to the Spanish bureaucracy and or do not speak Spanish.
The process could include amongst others the following matters:
- Filing for N.I.E. documents and notary documents
- Checking ownership data, possible burdens, and unpaid, taxes or community or other fees and building licenses
- Preparing or checking the validity in pre- and sales contracts
- Title Deeds
- Opening of a local bank account for expenses including taxes
- Opening of a bank account for the payment of the property
- Negotiating with the bank for mortgages
- Water-, electricity and other contracts
- Specific insurances
- Registration of the property in the name of the new owner
For this reason, we recommend to always contact a lawyer to assist you through the legal process of buying a property in Spain.
Our INTRO MARBELLA® multilingual lawyers can assist you with all this offering fast and reliable service for international clients.
Law Office INTRO